This Saturday is Earth Hour Day . Have you got some ideas of celebrating this unplug day? Earth hour not only an hour, a day that turning off the light, but also represents a message of hope and action in the fight against climate change.
Get 10 Ideas of celebrating your Earth hour here
- Attend a local Earth Hour event or organize your own by throwing an Earth Hour street party with your neighbors
- Gather family & friends for a night picnic in your local part and look at the stars
- Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight
- Best time to have FONDUE with your friends and family. No electricity required.
- Have a candle-lit bath
- Have a really good conversation with someone who’s usually attached to their iPhone or social media.
- Take the dog for a night walk
- Take Your Temperature .Your thermostat and your refrigerator are responsible for a huge portion of your carbon footprint. If you lower your thermostat by just 2 degrees and set your fridge to 37 degrees F. and the freezer at 0 degrees F. you’ll make a big difference.
- Play a board game by candlelight. There are eco-friendly games such as Penguin Rescue Game and Earthopoly (same as monopoly but instead of earning paper money, the players earn carbon credits). Be lots of fun for a party with young kids.
- For the girls, have a clothes swap party. All bring a bag of clothes that you no longer like or are bored with and swap with other friends clothes. Its like going shopping for new clothes without the money or eco-footprint.
Here I share one of my story. I used to walk beside beach at night. It’s about 7 o’clock but I was left in the dark already. At first, I was so freaky because I was totally blinded. Only I feel is the breath of my friends and the most clearly I could hear is the tide. My other sense organs were breathing, and that kind feeling of alive tells me I am not alive with what I‘ve seen. After a while, I felt the peaceful and enjoy the breezy night.
So, let us back to basic, and feel alive in this world for an hour. And prove to yourself you can go 60 minutes without updating your Facebook status.